THE ESSENCE OF THE ISLAND OF ICE AND FIRE
A six day tour highlighting the most famous characteristics of Iceland‘s geology on the south coast. See some famous volcanoes and descend 400 feet to the bottom of a crater in an open cable lift to get an unbelievable perspective of the inside of a volcano.
The most spectacular places from the Highlands to the scenic south coast and all the way to the magnificent Glacier Lagoon. Experience the constant calving of Vatnajökull, Europe’s biggest glacier filling the glacial lagoon with icebergs.
• Enjoy Icelandic cuisine with local, fresh ingredients in restaurants, farms and in a geothermal greenhouse
• Descend into the Three Peaks Volcano magma chamber.
• Kayak or boat tour on a glacier lake with drifting icebergs.
• Walk on a black sand beach while looking at sea-cliffs of columnar basalt.
• Explore the highlights of the Golden Circle including hot-spring and the great waterfall Gullfoss.
• Walk the lava fields, craters and the old eruptive lines of fissures as well as the rift zone of the tectonic plates.
• The fantastic waterfalls of the South coast.
ID exclusive. We have our special tricks for making a glacial hike much more enjoyable than the ones of the big group tours.
“Fantastic! Love the hotels.“ Maurice, Boston
You will have our first answer within 24 hours and your quote within few days.
- Huge waterfalls
- Biggest national park
- Glacier hike
- Horesback riding